Russia censures MH17 probe’s findings as groundless
Staff Host Account
/ Categories: Islam Times-English

Russia censures MH17 probe’s findings as groundless

Earlier on Wednesday, international investigators charged three Russians and a Ukrainian with murder over the 2014 downing of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine. "Once again, absolutely groundless accusations are being made against the Russian side, aimed at discrediting the Russian Federation in the eyes of the international community," the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on its website. The flight MH17 on a Boeing 777 was blown out of the sky over conflict-hit eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014 while en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. The incident claimed the lives of all 298 people on board. Two thirds of the victims were Dutch. Moscow has time and again denied any involvement in the disaster, putting the blame instead on Kiev. The Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team (JIT) said the trial will kick off in the Netherlands next March. Dutch prosecutor Fred Westerbeke said Russian nationals Igor Girkin, Sergei Dubinskiy and Oleg Pulatov, and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko were the "four who will be held accountable for bringing the deadly weapon, the BUK Telar, into eastern Ukraine." "We won't demand their extradition because Russian and Ukrainian law forbids the extradition of their nationals," he added. The investigation team said in May last year that the BUK anti-aircraft missile had purportedly originated from the 53rd anti-aircraft brigade of the Russian Armed Forces. Moscow strongly rejected the claims.

Link to original article

Previous Article War with Iran ‘based on a lie,’ Sanders vows to do his best to ‘stop US attacking Iran’
Next Article New batches of civilians leave Rukban cam in southern Syria, al-Azraq camp in Jordan
Print
28 Rate this article:
No rating

Leave a comment

Add comment

x
«July 2019»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
1314
15
16
17
18192021
22232425262728
2930311234