London Knife Attack Suspect Was ex-Terror Convict: Police
Staff Host Account
/ Categories: Islam Times-English

London Knife Attack Suspect Was ex-Terror Convict: Police

Police identified the man, who was shot dead by officers after Friday’s attack, as 28-year-old Usman Khan, saying they were not actively seeking any other suspects in relation to the incident. “This individual was known to authorities, having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offences. He was released from prison in December 2018 on license,” Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said in a statement. Three more people were wounded in the daylight stabbing spree which revived memories of a three-man attack on London Bridge two years ago that killed eight. Basu said that Khan had been living in the Staffordshire region of central England and officers were searching an address in that area. “The circumstances, as we currently understand them, are that the attacker attended an event earlier on Friday afternoon at Fishmonger’s Hall called ‘Learning Together’,” the statement said. “We believe that the attack began inside before he left the building and proceeded onto London Bridge, where he was detained and subsequently confronted and shot by armed officers.” Fishmonger’s Hall is a historic listed building on the north side of the bridge in the center of the capital

Link to original article

Previous Article France Summons Turkish Envoy after Erdogan Calls Macron ’Brain Dead’
Next Article Saudi Crimes: Displaced Yemenis Face Hunger,Severe Frost as Winter Arrives
Print
32 Rate this article:
No rating

Leave a comment

Add comment

x
«January 2020»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
2829303112
3456789